One of the most important conferences in plastics industry focussing on 4 critical verticals, namely, Injection Moulding, Blow Molding, Rotomoulding and PET, Stretch Blow Moulding was held in Mumbai on 6th and 7th July at Hotel Grand Hyatt, Kalina.
The conference was attended by over 660 delegates representing 290 companies from 13 countries.
The conference was kicked off with the opening comments by Mr. K.P. Nanavaty – President – Strategy Development of Reliance Industries Limited, who dwelt upon the impact of Shale oil on the traditional crude oil producing regions and the emergence of electric vehicles and expected disruption to our industry. Ms. Nidhi Verma – CEO of ElitePlus++ Business Services, the organisers of the conference, welcomed the delegates and participants.
The keynote address was given Mr. Avinash Joshi – Director on ONGC Petro (OPAC), who stressed upon Government’s initiatives for the growth of our industry. Other prominent speakers were Mr. A.N. Jha – Executive Director of IOCL and Mr. Yukio Limura – Chairman of Toshiba, who stressed upon automation-driven efforts in the Injection Moulding industry. Mr. Michael Wittmann – CEO of WIttmann Battenfeld also spoke on automation and robotics.
The two-day conference featured 42 speakers, who covered a variety of subjects of key importance to our industry. The other prominent speakers were Mr. Parth Gandhi – MD of AION India, Mr. Vimal Kedia – MD of Manjushree Technopack Industries and Mr. Shailesh Haribhakti – Managing Partner of Haribhakti & Co., who discussed the impact of GST on the plastics industry.
Mr. Sajjid Chinoy – Chief India Economist, JP Morgan highlighted on the economic outlook – global and Indian and how the industry should prepare, going forward, in his evening address.
The conference comprised various sessions spanning one day, which covered subjects such as emerging raw material scenario, automation in Injection Moulding, rapid rise of Blow Moulding segment and its ability to produce large containers and a separate session on PET, which had huge presence of end-users in FMCG sector.
The conference, for the first time, included a session dedicated to Rotomoulding, a very important vertical of huge relevance to India for both above and below ground applications.
Some of the papers of interest presented in the conference included :
– Advanced analytics and digital methods would be very effective for the plastics and chemical industry for fast data availability and many other aspects.
– Large two-component injection moulding is beneficial for application in vehicles.
– Knowledge based risk monitoring has advantages.
– 3D printed molds will be very effective.
– Innovative perspective in packaging from the consumer’s point of view is essential and the future of 4-D printing may play a vital role.
– More information and better decisions help in innovative product design.
– Polyolefins would play a major role in packaging and related industry using better processing techniques.
– Simulation driven innovation and manufacturing will be very important in the future.
– Proper scientific design of preform for caps and bottles of different shapes and sizes is very essential and also the energy saving during injection blow moulding is critical.
– Good design of new products and rotomolds for many large products and lining is essential.
– The use of PET in rigid packaging in the pharmaceutical industry is growing very rapidly.
– PET jars and bottles with handles and of size up to 30 litres are made commercially.
– Innovation in design keeping customer in focus is beneficial.
– Immense opportunities for growth of PET rotomolded or Injection blow moulded products as appropriate machinery is available.
– Fuel tank and canister design keeping in mind new trends.
– High performance advanced materials are needed for new and innovative design of consumer goods and industrial products.
– Sustainability, customization, convenience, uniqueness and scientific technology are key factors in design of new and appealing products in the beverage market.
– New extrusion lines for rigid and foamed sheets of PET and r-PET have a big potential.
– For branded items, cost reduction, sustainable growth and innovation are essential.
The conference was attended by leading raw material producers both from India and abroad, large plastic convertors covering four important verticals, several end-users and experts in supply chain.
Keeping in line with the tradition, the organisers presented the Lifetime Achievement Award to Mr. Jagdish Shah – Partner of Jagmohan Pla Mach Pvt. Ltd., the pioneers in manufacture of Blow Moulding machinery and large Blow Moulded products.
The participants hailed the conference great success and carried home new ideas and vision for accelerating the growth.
ElitePlus++ Business Services
PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017 PET Moulding Injection Blow Roto International Summit 2017